If You Know the Article's Citation...
Hopefully you only need to try the first one or two steps on this list to get to the full text of an article.
1. Search in the Library's OneSearch box with some of the article's information.
In many cases your results will include a link to the full text of the article in one of our library databases.
2. Search for the journal title in the Electronic Journals List
If the library subscribes to the journal electronically, it will be on this list. If you find the journal title you are looking for, follow the title link to see if the library subscribes to it for the YEAR you want. If so, you can browse or search for the article within the site of the resource provider. If not, look in the InvestiGator Catalog.
3. Search for the journal title in the InvestiGator Catalog
If the library subscribes to the journal in print, microfiche, or microfilm, its title will be in the catalog. If you find the journal title you are looking for, check the “LIB. HAS” part of the record for the YEAR you want, and note the format (CURRENT, BOUND, FICHE, or FILM).
4. Request the item through ILLiad
if you can’t find the article through the Electronic Journals List or the InvestiGator Catalog.
Finding Articles on a Topic
1. Pick a Database
Browse the Database Selector for recommendations
2. Search the Database
Use important keywords or related terms that describe your topic.
Connect more than one idea with the word AND
3. Get the text of the Article by clicking on the button from within the database. A new window will pop up and from there you have a number of options.
What if the Library doesn't have the article I want?!
Physical PERIODICAL Collections
- CURRENT periodicals (journals, newspapers, magazines), about two years of recent issues, can be found in the open stacks of the 3rd floor.
- BOUND periodicals can be requested via the InvestiGator catalog. Look for the "request" button on the page with your periodical's information. Pick up items at the Book Checkout & Pickup Counter.
- FICHE and FILM (i.e., MICROFORM) periodicals can be requested via the InvestiGator catalog. Click on "Microform Request" on the top, right of any catalog page. Pick up and view items at the Book Checkout & Pickup Counter.